Marina Eye (Abu Dhabi, UAE)

12:05 AM

Marina Eye Abu Dhabi

Two months ago, my family and I were finally able to try Abu Dhabi's newest attraction in the city -- the M A R I N A  E Y E !  Honestly, we had been waiting for this huge Ferris wheel to become fully operational even before we left for the Philippines last October 2015.  However, its launch did not happen until November -- the time when we were in our home country for an annual family holiday -- so it was only a month later that we actually got the opportunity to experience this thing.  

If you had been following this blog for quite some time now, perhaps you already know that I have this fear of heights.  Nevertheless, I made sure that that fear won't interfere with my desire to experience seeing the panoramic view of Abu Dhabi City.  So 'kaliwali' (I don't care!) with my fear of heights and off I went to Marina Eye because as they say, "You only live once."

The location of this attraction is very easy to find and almost impossible to miss because it stands mightily in front of the famous Marina Mall overlooking the pristine waters of the Corniche beach.  This gigantic observation wheel has 42 passenger capsules, including a luxurious VIP cabin that's equipped with a TV, DVD player, leather seats, and a refrigerator.  But who needs a VIP capsule that's worth AED 500 when you can have the same bird's eye view of the city for only AED 50, right?  (That's just me being practical, but if you have an unlimited amount of money to spend, then go ahead and experience their VIP treatment!)

Children below 12 years of age are given a special discounted rate of AED 30, but please take note that kids 8 years old and below are required to be accompanied by an adult for safety purposes.  Anyway, let me show you the aerial view of the beautiful emirate of Abu Dhabi along with some of our family's photos:

Marina Mall

Indeed, this place is perfect for the whole family!  Try it while the weather is still pretty cool because I believe, this thing would be difficult to enjoy already once the hot summer season kicks in.

Marina Eye is open 7 days a week with the following hours of operation:
Thursday to Saturday - 11am to 1am Sunday to Wednesday - 11am to 11pm.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @rozelle_ragiles