Super Moist Chocolate Cupcake

4:49 AM


It's my first time to bake.  Actually, I really wanted to learn how to make irresistible desserts ever since but whenever I watch youtube on how these sensational cakes and cupcakes are being made, I just cannot imagine how so much sugar and butter are being put into the recipe.  No wonder desserts are sometimes described as "devilishly" or "sinfully" delicious treats because you really have to forgive yourself for consuming too much sugar and calories.

When I was younger, I never really prioritized nutrition.  I would always choose what's more delicious and what's going to make me enjoy and satisfy my cravings.  But after getting married and having thought of me and my husband's five years age gap plus having kids, I just suddenly changed into a more mature or should I say, a "kill joy" wife who would almost always choose the healthier option when it comes to food.  So don't get surprised once you see our kitchen and find most grocery items labeled as non-fat, no cholesterol, or light/er.  That's me!  So imagine how much hesitation it took me before I finally decided to bake.  I just told myself, "Alright, learning how to bake doesn't mean I'm going to do it everyday.  I'm gonna give this thing a try."  Of course, the healthy geek in me still made a compromise to make my baked creation a little less sinful by using olive oil instead of canola and by excluding the frosting/icing of my cupcake topping.  Yeah, I know.  A cupcake without frosting is boring.  I am boring.  I admit!  Maybe next time, I can consider adding a frosting to my cupcake but for now, allow me to just learn first how to make a moist cupcake.

If you want to ask how my first baking experience went, well, I must say that it was a success (although I got a little burn injury during the process)!  Everyone in the house loved my cupcakes, especially my little Rafa.  My husband didn't like how it tasted at first but after chilling it in the ref overnight, he said that the cupcakes improved and tasted way better than when it just came out fresh from the oven. 

Since my first attempt in baking had been successful, I will be sharing with you the recipe that I used to make my yummy cupcakes!  If you want to get the recipe for the frosting of this moist chocolate cupcake, you may visit this website.  Happy baking!  


SUPER MOIST CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE RECIPE

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Chelsea White Sugar
1/2 cup Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp plain flour
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup of Simply Pure Canola Oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup boiling water

Procedure:
Preheat the oven to 180°C conventional 

Line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Add the egg, milk, oil and vanilla then beat with a mixer until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl then add the boiling water and mix until just combined (the batter will be runny). Pour the batter into a measuring cup and pour evenly into each paper case until ¾ filled (don’t over fill or the mixture will overflow).

Place into the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @rozelle_ragiles