Villa Escudero Plantation and Resort

5:32 AM


I'm back!  It's been quite sometime since I last posted anything on this blog.  I've been very busy lately with my new found love, PSE.  Maybe I'm getting old (or should I say mature because the word "old" sounds a little bit harsh), I'm starting to become more aware of our finances and I'm trying my best to help my husband grow his hard earned money through investing.  Anyway, I'm not going to talk about investments on this post, instead I will be sharing with you a long overdue post of our family getaway at Villa Escudero.

Villa Escudero is a coconut plantation located in San Pablo City, Laguna which is just about two hours drive away from Manila.  It was actually my second time to visit this place, the first time was a day tour in 2011 when my husband and I were still in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship.  For those who didn't know, I was raised by conservative and traditional parents who would never allow me (and my siblings) to go on an overnight out-of-town trip unless it is a mandatory school-related activity.  So technically, it's my first time to experience an overnight stay in Villa Escudero.

Upon arrival, we headed to their reception area for check-in where we were warmly welcomed by their staffs wearing baro't saya and handed us a gulaman as a welcome drink.  By the way, please be informed that you need to make an advance reservation if you intend to stay overnight in the resort because their units are often fully booked.  In addition, bringing in of outside food and drinks are not allowed. So don't bother because they'll only end up getting confiscated at the entrance gate.

Just a few meters away from the reception area is the AERA Memorial Museum which is usually mistaken as an old church (because it actually looks like one).  This houses the colonial and religious art collections of the late Arsenio and Rosario Escudero.  Photography inside the museum is strictly prohibited that's why this is the only photo that I can share with you.  Let's leave the inside of the museum as a little mystery that's up for you to find out.

After checking-in, we went to the pick up area where carabao drawn carts await the guests to be taken to the activity/accommodation area.  This one is really unique, perhaps the only resort in the Philippines (I'm not quite sure of that) which has this kind of transportation for their guests.  You will definitely enjoy the ride especially with the music being played by their staff on guitar and the melodious voice of their singer singing Tagalog Folk songs like "Paru-parong Bukid".  It really feels good to experience a country-like life every once in a while!

For our accommodation, we chose the river unit which can accommodate up to a maximum of 12 persons.  It has a kitchen, dining, and a living area which is overlooking the river.  This room is spacious and the view of the river made the place even more peaceful and relaxing especially during sunset/sunrise.  The only problem I can see here is the non-availability of an air conditioning unit.  In our case, it's fine since we stayed here last November when the weather in the Philippines is pretty much cooler.  However, I cannot imagine if this accommodation would be comfortable enough for the guests during the summer season (better get their Executive/ Gumamela suites or the Katakataka unit which is fully air conditioned).  Another thing also, for those people who are staying overnight, please be advised that basic toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, soap, and lotion) which are usually complimentary in hotels/resorts are not available here so bring your own.



After resting for quite a while, we headed to their famous "Waterfalls Restaurant" to have our lunch.  Cool isn't it?  Literally speaking, you will definitely feel cool and refreshed eating your lunch in this place because you will have your feet soaked (so better get there on a foot wear that's easy to slip on/off) in crystal clear running waters of the so called man-made waterfalls.  Since the theme of the resort is Philippine country life, expect nothing less than a feast of your favorite Filipino dishes served on a buffet table made of bamboo.  See, this is what made this place so popular, not only among the locals but the tourists as well.  That is why it is no longer surprising to see this part of the resort jam packed during lunch time.  Whoever it is who have thought about this idea of using this spillway of the Labasin Lake dam to be a waterfalls restaurant is a genius!  It's really a one-of-a-kind dining experience you wouldn't dare to miss.  However, I would not advice this place if you've got a company who'll have a hard time taking the stairs because obviously, this place isn't accessible for PWD.

If you are planning to visit this place, I would strongly suggest you do it on a weekend because of their Philippine Experience Show.  It is a production number of the resort's staffs, accompanied by musicians playing rondalla, showcasing our country's rich culture through a series of dance numbers lasting approximately 1 hour.  This show is no mediocre intermission number but a world class performance created by the National Artist for dance, Ramon Obusan of the Cultural Center of the Philippines.  Villa Escudero's staffs are not just courteous and cheerful people, they're equally talented individuals as well!

You can also find the Chapel of the Ascension within the resort's vicinity.  It is a beautiful, spacious, and air-conditioned chapel perfect for intimate wedding celebrations.  Actually, I was thinking of having our wedding held on this chapel the first time we visited Villa Escudero.  However, we thought that having a destination wedding will pose a lot of hassle and more expenses on the part of our guests so we just decided to let this one go.


Our overnight stay in Villa Escudero was really worth every penny.  Spending Php 2,780/head which would cover your accommodation, full board meals (which by the way is a festive buffet), and many other activities that you and your family/ friends can enjoy (rafting, fishing, bird watching, biking, basketball, tennis, billiards, ping pong, swimming and videoke) is really super "sulit".


Villa Escudero Plantations and Resort
San Pablo City, Philippines
Telephone Nos. (632) 521-0830 / (632) 523-0392 / (632) 523-2944
Fax Number:  (632) 521-869
E-mail: info@villaescudero.com

You Might Also Like

35 comments

  1. I have always wanted to go to villa escudero and see what the fuss is all about and your post just made me feel the need to save up and go there :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you and your family would love Villa Escudero! :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't been to Villa Escudero in decades. The lake still looks quite lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rowena. It's still lovely.. and very much country like.

      Delete
  3. What a great attraction! I only saw a picture of Villa Escudero from my dad. They were eating there with the falls behind them. I totally forgot how much I wanted to visit the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'd love how unique it feels to dine in their famous waterfalls restaurant, Pam!

      Delete
  4. Attended a wedding at villa escudero before. Hoping to visit again soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to dream of having my wedding held here as well. But, it's just too far. Nevertheless, this place is indeed a romantic venue for a traditional Filipiña wedding.

      Delete
  5. I miss Villa Escudero. I hope to be back soon.

    Xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss this place too -- quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. Loved the slow paced country like life Villa Escudero makes me feel.

      Delete
  6. Hope to visit it again it's been ages when the last time I visited the villa escuedero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead and give them a visit. There had been a lot of renovations in the place, but they still managed to keep the resort beautiful.

      Delete
  7. Wow this is beautiful! I never heard of this place though I've seen a pic of the Waterfalls restaurant a long time ago, shared sonewhere online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the theme of their room that can house 12 pax and since its made of wood, malamig na cguro thus air-conditioner is not needed? Hope we can visit this place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went there last November so I guess the cool summer breeze of the holiday season made the place A-ok even without aircondition. But, I guess, it won't be comfortable to stay in there during summer. Better get an airconditioned room to be sure.

      Delete
  9. I like the theme of their room that can house 12 pax and since its made of wood, malamig na cguro thus air-conditioner is not needed? Hope we can visit this place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went there last November so I guess the cool summer breeze of the holiday season made the place A-ok even without aircondition. But, I guess, it won't be comfortable to stay in there during summer. Better get an airconditioned room to be sure.

      Delete
  10. Very nice :) I hope we could visit this place too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your family would love this place too! :)

      Delete
  11. Some of my best childhood memories are made up of moments at Villa Escudero where we go for summer camps every year back then. I want to take my kids there now, it seems to be so much better .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kids would definitely enjoy this place! :)

      Delete
  12. This should be on everyone's travel must lists! Until this day, I crave to experience the famous Waterfalls restaurant. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! This place is indeed a MUST visit! :)

      Delete
  13. I love Villa Escudero. Too bad we missed out on the Philippine Experience Show because we visited on a weekday. Hopefully, we can go back soon. If rates are more affordable, I would really love to enjoy overnight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Philippine Experience Show is very impressive, Jared's mum. I hope you'll be able to go there on a weekend to witness how the talented staffs of Villa Escudero give pride and honor to our culture and tradition through their dance prod.

      Delete
  14. WOW! This place is really nice. I've already heard of it from a family friend. Your post makes me want to really save so we can have a budget to also visit this place. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll be able to visit Villa Escudero with your family too.. They'd surely love the waterfalls restaurant and more...

      Delete
  15. I've always wanted to see Villa Escudero. I'll put it in our list of dream places and hopefully our family can spend a night in this peaceful and enchanting place. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that place! First time I've been there was when I was still a little girl. I still remember how fun it was at the waterfall restaurant. Also the carabao ride from the entrance to the resort. I'd love to go back when my bunso can already walk so she can enjoy the amenities as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that place! First time I've been there was when I was still a little girl. I still remember how fun it was at the waterfall restaurant. Also the carabao ride from the entrance to the resort. I'd love to go back when my bunso can already walk so she can enjoy the amenities as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to go there! Kaso no AC and my youngest needs AC! Maybe a day trip would be ok in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The waterfalls restaurant! Great photos you have here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is one of the places I want to really visit my family, kaya lang medyo expensive and you need to plan for the travel. I don't think one day will be enough.

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @rozelle_ragiles