My NSO Helpline Experience

2:12 AM

Have you experienced spending the entire day falling in a long queue of the National Statistics Office just to get your birth certificate or other related documents?  I have.

I remember a few years ago, I needed to get a copy of my birth certificate because it is one of the requirements for applying a passport.  I had to go to our city hall and fall in line outside the NSO as early as 7am because I wanted finish the whole transaction within the same day.  Can you believe that even before the NSO office opens at 8am, there are already a lot of people waiting in line, just like me, in order to get their NSO documents?  Yes, its true!  We had to spend a day, which must be a weekday (because NSO is closed on weekends), just so we can get our much needed document/s.  Imagine those people who needed to be in their offices during weekdays because they had to work but they were forced to take a leave so they can request for an NSO certificate.  It was very inconvenient, exhausting, and a total waste of time.  To be honest, it was horrible!

Good thing the internet was invented.  Applying for an NSO document had never been so easy using the world wide web.  I was able to try it for the first time a few days ago when I requested for my son's birth certificate and here's what I have to say with my experience:

Convenient
Say goodbye to spending an entire day falling in line the NSO to get your documents!  Now, you'll be able to request for birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate, and/or CENOMAR in just a few clicks.  All you have to do is visit www.nsohelpline.com to order, pay, or track your requested NSO certificate.  You can do this even when you're on mobile while being stuck in traffic jam brought about by the coming Christmas season or while waiting at the salon to get your hair colored. It enables mommies like me to multi-task and get more things done in less time.  Isn't that very convenient?

Step 1:  Go to www.nsohelpline.com and click on ORDER NOW! to request for your NSO certificate.


User Friendly Website
To be honest, I am not a techie type of person.  I hate having to deal with complicated gadgets which people would jokingly refer to as "nangangain ng tanga."  I easily get frustrated by hard-to-figure-out operating system, so basically, I would appreciate it a lot if a website is easy to navigate. I am glad that NSOHelpline's step by step procedure for requesting an NSO certificate is simple enough for everyone to understand making the application procedure nearly goof-proof.  

Step 2:  Select the NSO certificate that you want to order.
Step 3:  Select the option for which you need the certificate.
Step 4:  Answer the question "Have you ever applied for this certificate before?"
If you answer YES, the system will provide a follow up question whether you have received the requested certificate.
 (Selecting YES will direct you to the next step.  On the other hand, selecting NO means that you currently do not have any record available in NSO’s database and it will provide you a list of things that you need to do in order to fix the issue.)

If you answer NO, the system will direct you to the next step.
Step 5:  Fill up the Birth Certificate Application Form.  
Step 6:  Answer the question "Have you had any legal proceeding done to your birth certificate?"
Choosing any of the options under LEGAL PROCEEDINGS, will give you another follow up question whether you were able to get an annotated NSO copy.  (If YES, you will be directed to the next step.  If  NO, the system will not be able to process your request and you will be required to go to NSO East ave, CDLI Area B.)
Choosing NONE will direct you to the next step of the application process.
Step 7:  Provide the information of the person who will be receiving the document upon delivery.

After which, a CHECKOUT ORDER showing your order summary will appear.  Double check all the details of your order to avoid discrepancy and possible delay in the processing of your document. Then, fill up your Contact Information and Delivery Address.  The Checkout Summary at the bottom part of the page will show you the number of requested copies and the total amount that you would need to pay.  A copy of your order summary will then be sent to your email containing your reference number. 

Easy
Paying for your ordered certificate/s had never been so easy with NSOHelpline as well.  Customers may be able to  pay online through http://nsohelpline.com/pay-online using VISA, Mastercard, Bancnet ATM, and Globe GCash or they may opt to pay over the counter through Metrobank or Bayad Center.  Their uncomplicated process of requesting for a document literally translated to my easy and hassle-free transaction.  Actually, I just spent less than 10 minutes in front of the computer to request for my son's birth certificate and in 3 days, it was already delivered at our doorstep.  I was really happy with the whole experience and I can say that I am one satisfied customer!


Fast and Secure Delivery
The delivery of the requested document usually takes 2 - 3 business days (excluding week ends and holidays).  In my case, I was able to receive it after three days.  Also, you may track the status of your application online through https://nsohelpline.com/check-status and enter the reference number of your transaction.  This online tracking feature is such a helpful tool to locate and determine the status of the document you requested for, thus giving you peace of mind and a worry-free experience.



NSO Helpline is powered by Pilipinas Teleserv Inc.
4th Floor San Diego Building, 462 Carlos Palanca Street, Quiapo, Manila 1001 Philippines 
Contact Number:  (632) 737-1234  Fax Number:  (632) 735-7162  website:  www.teleserv.ph



You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. When Mommy needs NSO copy of our marriage certificate, I used the same online portal. The transaction is smooth than going to the NSO office in East Avenue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing there is online transaction already, but I think if you are in a rush you have no choice but to go the office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same experience when I was in college! I got to the NSO center and I was # 110. *hulk* Let's give them a few more years. I wish all government transactions can be done online as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've already tried the NSO online portal with my daughter's birth certificate. service was smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great because falling in line in government offices is a killer! There was a telephone option before, have you tried it too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We tried this one too. It's fast and more convenient for us. No long lines and we don't need to brave the heavy traffic going to the metro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, there is an online version. True, NSO is always full in the my place. Good thing, NSO birth certificate was not required in various transactions I was into.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've used NSO helpline now to get our documents, it's way more convenient than going to NSO East Ave. Although the price is doubled, it's fine that spending the entire day waiting in line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great that you can request for important documents online. It sure saves the hassle of queuing up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm looking forward to using this service soon, too. Thank goodness for the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! I'll definitely try it next time we need documents from NSO. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to technology and the efforts of this government unit - the service/s obtained will certainly be fast and hassle free!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Getting stuff online saves a lot of waiting time! I will use this teleserve again.

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @rozelle_ragiles